Website Visitors Who Accept Cookies
Data collected from website visitors:
- Behavioral data: Date and time of the visit; length of the visit; first page visited; number of pages visited; which pages were visited; whether you are a returning visitor or a new visitor; and which channel you used to get to the website, i.e. a search engine, social media link or by typing in the address directly in the address bar of your browser
- Demographic data: IP address; town, state, country; and language
- Technological data: Whether you used a computer, a tablet or mobile phone to access the site; if mobile or tablet, the name of the unit, e.g. Apple iPhone 8; the name of your operating system; the name of your browser; your screen resolution and color depth (bits); flash version; whether Java was activated or deactivated in your browser; and the name of your network provider, e.g. at&t
I use the data collected from website visitors to:
- optimize the website for the browsers and units used by the visitors,
- evaluate the popularity of the posted content,
- determine the target group for advertising campaigns
Google has a right to use the data to improve their products and services. They also have a right to access the data, if I ask for technical support from Google about an issue with my use of Google Analytics.
I do not give, sell or rent your data to other third parties than Google without your explicit consent, unless I am required to do so by law.
Data about website visitors is stored for fourteen (14) months.
Website Visitors Who Contact Me
If you visit my website and contact me, I collect additional data.
Data collected from visitors who contact me:
- Demographic data: Name, postal address and e-mail address, phone number, and any other details provided by you in the booking system
I use the data collected via the contact form to contact you regarding your research project.
I do not give, sell or rent your data to third parties without your explicit consent, unless I am required to do so by law.
Data sent via the contact form is stored for fourteen (14) months after the form was submitted.
Your data protection rights
I would like to make sure you are fully aware of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. I may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that I correct any information you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that I erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that I restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to my processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that I transfer the data that I have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact me via e-mail at contact(at)KottalGenealogy.com or phone at +45-50 56 28 94 (please beware of any time difference).
Changes and Further Explanation
I may change this policy at any time by posting a revised version on my website. If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you are welcome to send me an e-mail at contact(at)GenealogistKottal.com or call me at +45-50 56 28 94 (please beware of any time difference).